Your first visit to Luton Dental Centre
When you first visit Luton Dental Centre, your appointment will be a touch longer than usual. This is so you can complete some essential paperwork and spend a little more time with the dentist.
This is what will happen:
- You let us know about your medical history so we can make sure any treatment you need is right for you.
- The dentist examines your mouth, looks inside your cheeks and checks your tongue, to make sure there are no signs of oral cancer.
- They also examine your neck and jaw to spot anything out of the ordinary.
- The dentist may take x-rays to check for any concealed problems, such as reduced bone volume.
- If we discover your teeth are fine, and you don’t need any treatment, you will be offered a scale and polish as part of the NHS Band 1 treatment.
- Following your comprehensive assessment, the dentist will let you know what they have found and discuss your treatment options, including costs.
- They will provide a printed treatment plan, which you can peruse and then sign.
A handy reminder
We will remind you 72 hours before your next appointment (by text or email), so you don’t forget to come and see us. Feel free to ask us any questions or let us know if you have any concerns about your dental health between appointments.